[C320-list] Engine knock

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Sun Jul 23 00:05:46 PDT 2017

Broken rocket arm would mean the valve remained closed so the piston would either be compressing when it should be pushing out exhaust or not taking in air when it should be
In second case injector would still squirt in fuel which would be blown into exhaust and produce lots of white smoke
In first case I'm not sure what the symptoms would be
I once had an exhaust valve stick open which gave me smoke and power loss but no knocking
I also had an injector issue which produced rough running causing vibration and a lot of knocking but that was the engine vibrating not a true knock from within!
Traditionally a knock indicates a big end bearing.
Hope this helps
Graeme

Sent from mobile: please excuse typos etc.!