[C320-list] Kanzaki KM-series transmission oil change Video

Ken Geiger kendgb at aol.com
Thu Jul 27 12:36:42 PDT 2017

Hi Danny, my understanding is the Kanzaki trans holds 600 ml oil (600 ml = 10.1442 oz x 2 ) BUT you can only withdraw 300 ml (10.1442 oz.) thru the dip stick.  Pretty sure this info came from my Yanmar 3GM30 manual.  The oil that is specified in the manual and on the top of my Kanzaki is HD 30.

I have found that an approx. 300 ml withdrawal is correct.  I don't know if other oil is being held up in the trans or if a bottom drain would yield more.  The dip stick also was showing a correct fill.

I found red oil that looked like ATF in my Kanzaki from the previous owner or the marina mechanic and have done a number of 300 ml oil changes to reduce the percentage of ATF remaining.  Early changes showed reddish oil as the mix was being diluted with HD 30, thus bearing out the 600 ml total statement.   I wasn't happy to have had to run this experiment.

FWIW

Ken Geiger

Northern Dream on Georgian Bay
 2000 #765