[C320-list] Seward 2 Burner Stove Not Lighting

sholdr at aol.com sholdr at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 06:34:09 PDT 2017

I believe that the concept that "air" collects in the tank is mistaken -- The vapor pressure of the propane in the tank to the solenoid valve is certainly greater than the tendency for air to enter the system -- thus a closed system not allowing air in to that point. Air does not enter the tank as it empties.
However the hoses/fittings from the solenoid to the burners is not under constant pressure from the tank once the solenoid closes the valve -- that is the purpose of the solenoid - many potential even minute potential leak points exist after the solenoid so that, over time, the propane does leak down to atmospheric pressure, and at that time osmosis will tend to equilibrate so that air replaces to some extent the propane -- the more leaky your piping the more this occurs.  The more frequently you use the system the less you notice this --- If it happens every time you daily use the system you have a very leaky system...If  you never notice this you have a very tight system.
We have propane tanks for patio heaters, several gas grills as well as the boats -- we never have to have the "air" released on refilling ....

Just my 2c