[C320-list] Seward 2 Burner Stove Not Lighting

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Wed Jun 7 14:48:05 PDT 2017

I have to share my used boat story. My rich neighbor was having heart surgery and wanted to get rid of his "things", one of which was a very lightly used 5 year old C270. It had about 50 hours on the engine and some of the cushions were still wrapped in plastic. Before our first overnight, I made sure the stove top worked. When I turned on the solenoid and turned the knob, I could hear gas escaping but it would not light, even with a big gas flame lighter. Finally I removed the tank and got it to vent. No rotten egg odor. I took it to my supplier who tested it and found it was full of dry air  from when delivered new. It had never been filled in 5 years!

                                         +
Happy Sailing!          /||\
John                           / ||  \
                                  /    ||    \
                                /      ||      \
                              /        ||        \
                            /          ||          \
                          /            ||            \
                        /              ||              \
                      /                ||                \
                    /                  ||                  \
                  /                    || Hull 1118 \
                /                      ||                      \
              /                        ||                         \
            /     Catalina     ||                           \
          /     C320MKII    ||                             \
        /            2007         ||                                \
     \              Lake Guntersville, AL                    l_