[C320-list] Battery switch

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Thu Jun 8 05:04:22 PDT 2017

In a factory setup I would suspect that the engine's positive cable goes to
the common lug of that 1-2-both switch so that you can use b1, b2 or both
batteries when starting the engine.  The engine ground/negative cable goes
to the first battery which then jumpers to the second so that all the
battery ground terminals are always connected together.

The common lug of the 1-2-both also goes to the electrical panel and the
anchor windlass.

If you do not have a dedicated starting battery, I would consider that near
the top of the priority list depending on your sailing situation of course.

Searching for 'starting battery' on the C320.org website and also in the
discussion list archives through the "C320 Discussion List"->"Search/Browse
Discussions" menu also on c320.org website.

Doing that can remove nearly all the issues/worry about drawing the house
batteries down and not being able to start the engine.

Cheers!
-Jeff Hare