[C320-list] Fuel polishing/fuel tank cleaning

millers1 at aol.com millers1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 17:11:46 PDT 2017

The following may be of help:
As noted in earlier diacussions, newer hulls have a thicker wall tank (.125").  I ordered my replacement tank
directly from EZELL (850-578-2823), they suppy the tanks to Catalina.  Total was $429 and they were excellent
to work with and the tank came with a new sending unit installed and the correct fittings, etc.

There is C320 tank replacement guidance on the web-site.  I removed both Port and Stbd. lazarett floors,
and the trim and door from the aft berth.  The tank snakes aft of the rudder post and out the berth door.
Not rushing,I burned two days on the job.

If you are not having a problem with fuel at this time,  I would wait  until an extended lay up period.  Pull the tank,
inspect and clean...... if you decide a new tank is needed (delivery was 4-6 weeks as I recall), but I suspect you have the
thicker tank wall (.125")  based on your hull number.  If you crawl in you can see the EZELL mfg. tag and wall thickness used.

Art    #680