[C320-list] Battery plan

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 16 06:31:11 PDT 2017

Ted, I have an article and pics of our upgrade. Let me know and I can send them. I'll be on a cruise for a week so will respond after that.

Who will attach connectors to battery cables? Not a trivial exercise. Ultimately, several of us chipped-in to buy a hydraulic crimper. However, I bought made-up cables from http://www.genuinedealz.com/ that were reasonably priced and well done. This is a very important part of the process. Poorly attached connectors will cause voltage drop.

As for rest of cabling plan, perhaps a wiring diagram would be easier to examine. As it is, I'm off on a week-long cruise; but, will keep an eye on this list.

FYI, some people choose to use the house bank for starting and hold the start bank in reserve for emergencies.

Also, in using a dual-circuit switch as I and others have done, there is one consideration should the need arise to use the "Combine" option. Do not combine banks unless first disconnecting the positive cable from the failed bank. Otherwise, the failed bank may suck charge from the healthy bank. One advantage of the 1,2,Off,Both switch is you can easily choose which bank to start with.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay