[C320-list] Perkins Perama M30 Engine Cooling System Zincs

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 18 14:01:55 PDT 2017

Mark-

I also have found only the same 2 engine manuals.  I have not heard about engine zincs until you mentioning this topic. Nothing I have (including an exploded view of the water pump, thermostat and heat exchanger system) allude to engine zincs.

I just found this post elsewhere related to this issue when I googled Perkins engine zincs
 "The 4.108 and all other Perkins marine engines did not have zinc pencils fitted as standard. Presumably they have never been used for exactly the reason described by David; they can break up and cause raw water flow problems. If the engine is properly bonded to the boat's main anode, zincs are not required. You will only find zincs on a 4.108 if the marinisation is non-standard or it has been modified to incorporate them."

Dave Hupe
1994 (hull #32)
Holland, MI