[C320-list] Battery update

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 18:33:52 PDT 2017

I concur with Warren on all points, but would add an observation on manufacturing date…the Exide 4D-ComP (which I believe are similar in construction to the Interstate under discussion) that we installed in 2007 had a 2005 ship date. They finally would not start the engine on June 9…Considering that 10 years is considered exceptional service life, I have my doubts that we would have gotten 12 years if ‘fresh’…

I believe Warren’s recommendations on service, maintence and not drawing them down blow 50% plus quality construction have more to do with service life than when they were built…within reason.

Fair winds
Chris Burti
Commitment, #867
Farmville, NC