[C320-list] Boat monitoring system using home wireless router

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 28 03:57:31 PDT 2017

I am trying to find a way to monitor the boat remotely.  I have looked at Boat Guard, and Boat Command (so far) but these kinds of monitors all seem to use Cellular and have a monthly fee.
Some background:  I plan to add a second/backup bilge.  Like many people, the boat is 3 hours away but not at a marina.  It is at a private dock and we may not see it for weeks.
I found an AC powered wireless water sensor that I could set in the bilge (In case of pump failure or if they can't keep up).  That would be the cheap way.
The perfect fit for me would be a device like Boat Guard or Boat Command that can connect through a wireless router instead of cellular.  I like the email alerts part of them.
Anybody seen one?  Anybody else doing anything else?
Thanks,
Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538     C (919)-618-7185