[C320-list] Battery cables

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Wed Jun 28 05:44:14 PDT 2017

Ted,

I've heard that when you have a bank of two (or more) batteries in
parallel, that you should have the positive and negative cables
connected at opposite ends of the bank. This ensures that the draining
and charging loads are drawn equally across all of the batteries in the
bank. If you put both cables on battery one, that battery will cycle
more deeply than the other battery, which creates potential for it to
fail sooner.

In  a simple 2 battery bank where you are paralleling two 12V batteries,
you would connect as follows:

Positive cable from charger (and loads) to battery one (+)
Bridge cable from battery one (+) to battery two (+)
Bridge cable from battery one (-) to battery two (-)
Negative cable from charger (and loads) to battery two (-)

If you have more than two batteries in the bank, the same principle
applies, you would simply bridge all of them together and put the
charger and load cables on opposite ends of the paralleled bank.

Hope this helps!

--
Doug Treff
September Song - #350