[C320-list] Bilge Pump Makers? Comments? Experiences?

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 30 06:48:09 PDT 2017

I am getting closer to deciding on how to do our second bilge pump.
The current bilge pump is a Jabsco located in the port settee under the chart table.  I had to replace it right after we bought the boat.  May switch this to be backup pump if new one is quieter.  Still deciding.
I see the major brands as (in no particular order) Jabsco, Rule, Atwood, Shurflo.

Any "subjective"  comments on any brands?
Also while I'm at it,  Why did you go with submersible in the bilge or not in the bilge?  I saw Graeme's reasons and I can think of some others pro and con.  Any more thoughts on that part out there?
Thanks,
Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538    C (919)-618-7185