[C320-list] Bleeding calorifier for cooling?

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 18 13:45:55 PDT 2017

"calorifier" huh? Oh, you mean the water heater. I had to look that one up.

It's possible to get an air lock in the hoses to the calorifier. You can tell because you won't have hot water after running the engine. There are a couple of techniques people use to clear the airlock. What I have done that seemed to work is to 1) remove the filler cap on the heat exchanger and if very full remove a small amount of antifreeze, 2)remove the highest hose to the calorifier at the engine, insert a funnel into the hose, hold funnel and hose as high above the engine as possible, and pour in antifreeze slooowly. This may force any air out of the hose and into the engine. You may even notice the level in the heat exchanger rise. Hope this helps. If not, try another technique.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay