[C320-list] Bleeding calorifier for cooling?

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Tue Mar 21 06:34:08 PDT 2017

Michael,

I have the Westerbeke too.  The attachment did not come through at least
on the message I received. Could you please send it directly to my email
address which is larry.frank at stx.rr.com?  I think this could be very
helpful next time I change the antifreeze.

In the past I have used a small electric pump to circulate antifreeze
solution through the water heater loop by attaching the pump discharge to
the supply to the heater that is located at the engine and routing the
return from the water heater into a bucket.  The pump is submerged in the
antifreeze solution in the bucket.  Once the water heater loop is full I
quickly reconnect the hoses to the engine taking care to spill as little
as possible.  This process works well but has the potential to become a
disaster quickly if one loses control of the various hoses and sprays
antifreeze solution where it does not belong.

Your process sounds much better.

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246