[C320-list] Alternator to batteries

B. Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Sun Mar 26 12:27:53 PDT 2017

Ted,

Reach under the settee where your batteries are and feel for an inline fuse
in your positive (and negative?) cables a few inches from the terminals.

One or all of these fuses are probably blown and need to be replaced.

I've never seen inline fuses in battery cables fuses before, Catalina must
put them there for some sort of boat manufacturer regulation.

Finding the fuses there is a surprise to a lot of people.

I ran into the same problem a few years ago and couldn't figure out why my
batteries were going bad when in fact they just were not charging.

Found the problem by disconnecting both ends of the cables and doing a
continuity test.

Never understood why/how I blew these fuses but people have surmised it may
have something to do with plugging into shore power.

Bruce Stumpp

#647, Adventure

Frog Mortar Creek, Maryland

Message: 8