[C320-list] What can I do to my bottom?

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 10:14:51 PDT 2017

I hope the subject got your attention.
Two of us recently has our bottoms soda blasted. The question is: whether to barrier coat or not. The Pettit rep strongly advised to do so claiming that without, eventually water would get to the gel coat and find places to infiltrate into the hull, possibly causing blisters. However, my bottom was never barrier coated and in 22 years of only paint, I have found no blisters.

What does anyone think about the issue? What have you done and what results have you seen?

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay