[C320-list] What can I do to my bottom?

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 19:30:48 PDT 2017

Warren

I've spent the better part of two months researching this topic and others
related to making our current bottom job project the best it can be.   Our
boat was soda blasted in January and I've since repaired all of the
cosmetic issues.   No true blisters here, but for our hull #514 this
shouldn't be expected because of the vinylester layup.  Lot's of info on
the forum about this topic.

 We've landed on using a single coat of Interprotect followed by Micron CSC
which seems to be a very popular combo up here on the Upper Chesapeake.
This was not an easy decision, there are a few good products out there.   I
found the Interlux literature on preparation and application however to be
quite thorough and this was a big plus for me.

   Assuming you had no issues with your previous bottom paint falling off,
following the directions on the Interprotect product for prepping the
gelcoat and over coating with antifouling should go smoothly.  I can't
speak to compatibility between manufacturers.     We are painting this
weekend if the current wx outlook holds...fingers crossed.  Unfortunately I
won't know for certain if my choices were solid until we haul out in
November.

FWIW-

Troy Dunn
S/V Wonky Dog