[C320-list] Crack Between Hull and Keel

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 15:15:21 PDT 2017

Art Jarden (Tortuga - Hull #243) let me know directly that he has 11 keel bolts.  Most significantly, one of them is smaller diameter than the rest and is situated farthest aft (toward the rear area of the keel where I have my problem). I looked at my boat again (hull #32) and confirmed that I have only 10 keel bolts (all 1").  I definitely don't have the additional keel bolt that Art has.  Per the photo from Art, the additional bolt looked like a newer retrofit (the backing plate and bolt looked much cleaner/more shiny).  I've asked Art if he knows the history about this on his boat.
I'm going to get in touch with Catalina directly for input/suggestions on how to resolve my "Catalina butt crack" (rather than the normal "smile").