[C320-list] Hose Connection Between Main Bilge and Packing Gland Sump

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Thu May 11 07:55:47 PDT 2017

Dave,
Have you poured some water into the packing gland area to verify if the water does not end up in your bilge pump area? The reason I inquire is because on my shallow bilge model the drainage tube from the packing gland area extends under the engine oil sump pan and terminates with water from the gland area entering the bilge pump compartment. Also, on my hull there is about a fine inch diameter access port in that area just forward of  the galley floor that extends to the ladder area immediately aft of the bilge pump area. That port can be accessed by removing the cabin sole. I found it helpful to make some cuts in the cabin sole so I may lift those portions of the cabin sole covering that access port to quickly  determine if I ever have any water under the liner. I can also see the drainage tube connecting the packing gland area to the bilge pump area. If your hull does not have the drainage tube connected to the bilge pump area, perhaps you may want to consult with Gerry Douglas to determine how you may connect the packing gland area to your main bilge.
Rick Sulewski
95' 320 Hull #277