[C320-list] Boat insurance question

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Mon May 22 08:30:51 PDT 2017

I know I'm late to the party here, but we have home, Cars and Boat through State Farm.  I've been with them for 35 years.  Your rate obviously depends on where you're located and some other factors, but we pay about $30/mo for our boat insurance which is ~90k agreed on replacement value.  When we got hit by lightning 3 years ago they simply said file a claim online, send us a repair quote and they just paid the $20K bill up front minus our $500 deductible.  No adjuster, no haggling or getting multiple quotes, everything tracked and done through their online claim system.

We shopped around for other insurance a few times in the past and they were always like adding a couple teen-agers to your car insurance.

So, for us, it's a no-brainer.

-Jeff Hare