[C320-list] Stuffing box issue

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Thu May 25 10:28:10 PDT 2017

Hi Daryl,

I have also used the two rings of 1/4" GFO for quite a few years and I haven't seen this problem. I did see a similar problem with the original stuffing in regards to the overheating on the maiden voyage from dealer to my marina in 1999.  I noticed it an hour or so after leaving the dealer.  I just loosened the nut and the problem went away. The 1/4" GFO works well on my boat.  Jeff Hare recently reported that that the original 1/4 GFO he installed has 10 years on it. Hope this helps.

Rod Boer
Odyssey, #688