[C320-list] inside my 1996 fuel tank

Catalina Catalina at thehares.com
Sun Nov 5 02:12:56 PST 2017

The engineering drawing for the tank is available for download.  A decent local aluminum fabrication shop could make one.  There isn't anything too special about it.
Jeff

-------- Original message --------From: Michael McCretton <michaelmccretton at hotmail.com> Date: 11/5/17  1:46 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at Catalina320.com Subject: Re: [C320-list] inside my 1996 fuel tank
Graeme
A couple of years ago I had the bottom of my fuel tank cut off and replaced as you describe by http://www.jaywolfe.co.uk/ who are based in Northampton. They also put an access port in and replaced the rather heath robinson fuel guage with a more modern one. When finished they pressure tested it. Very professional and as you suggest a fraction of the cost from the US.
I also went to see Tek Tanks who will make a plastic tank in any shape, but I stuck with the old one primarily because getting all the threads on existing connectors which were in American screw threads became problematic. They did not gave the appropriate cutters.
I also put a hand pump in as recommended by Nigel Calder in his book on boat maintenance. He places great store by this. I can now drain the bottom of the tank with minimum effort. I got the pump fro Force4 for about £19.
Regards
Michael
Silvan II 1994 #302

Sent from my iPhone