[C320-list] Annual Preventive maintenance checklist

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Mon Nov 6 09:31:58 PST 2017

All,

I've developed a winter decommissioning and spring commissioning
checklist that I've used yearly for the last 3 years and It's become
very useful for me to remember to do all the chores in the right order.
You all may find it useful. Feel free to steal, customize, and make use
of it. I keep all past years checklists in a binder and it will make a
great resource someday to prove regular maintenance was done when
selling the boat.
Located here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vb0httg1rzamxos/SeptemberSong_Annual_Maintenance_Checklist_2017.docx?dl=0
Much of my checklist is heavily customized for the way my boat is set
up. Especially the parts about winterizing the head. I have the optional
valves that allow me to flush sink drain water down the toilet. I use
the sink as a reservoir for antifreeze that gets pumped straight into
the toilet. And of course your mileage may vary on winterizing your
engine - depending on the attachments you may have for such activities -
and if you don't have A/C, you can skip that step as well.
You may have your own steps that you want to add. Some things I've done,
such as Fall Step 28 (turn off fuel supply) are reversed in the spring
with step 22 (turn on fuel supply).  I forgot to turn it back on one
year and my engine ran  long enough to get me away from the travel lift
and died halfway to my slip. :-( Hence the checklist.
I just like the format - to allow for recording information and
documentation purposes. Hope you find it useful!
--
Doug Treff
September Song - 1996 - Hull #350
doug at treff.us