[C320-list] pumpout fees

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Sun Nov 19 11:01:40 PST 2017

Do any of the Chesapeake Bay boaters on the list know of a list of
Maryland locations for pumpouts that charge $5 or are free under the
State of Maryland grant program? I delivered my boat to Port Annapolis
Marina two weeks ago for winterizing and winter haulout and did a
pumpout when I arrived. I was surprised to get a bill for $35 from the
marina store, when most places are charging only the regulated rate of
$5. (For those not familiar with Maryland, the state subsidizes
installation of pumpout facilities at marinas, piers and yacht clubs,
but in return the facility owner is not allowed to charge more than $5
for pumpouts up to 50 gallons.)

Scott Thompson