[C320-list] Fuel tank not full

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Tue Nov 21 04:38:51 PST 2017

I used to make sure the tank was topped up.  I try to make sure it's close to 3/4 full or so.  I've seen a number of boats over the years that fill their tanks full in the fall trying to avoid every bit of moisture, only to have them start leaking diesel fuel in the spring when it warms up and the system expands a bit.  Pretty much happens each spring around here that some boat or another is getting a nastygram from the yard master saying their overflow is dripping.

With that said, I haven't had any difficulty with water in the fuel since I've owned the boat.
-Jeff Hare