[C320-list] Windlass replacement

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 06:42:14 PDT 2017

Doug,
It sounds as if you may be decided on replacing the windlass for an upgrade but if not , I offer a couple suggestions.
If the gears are not broken and problem is the motor, look at Karl Mielenhausen’s article on maintenance of it, use that as guide to remove the motor and then carry it to an alternator and starter repair shop for a rebuild.
Second, if you cut off a couple of three inch sections of bicycle tube and slip them over the drum, it will handle chain fairly well
Best Regards,
Chris Burti