[C320-list] Leaking Opening Port

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 13:37:38 PDT 2017

John, I actually tried the armor all trick right after you suggested when I
met you in Muskegon back in April.  I've now cleaned the plexiglas
thoroughly, cleaned the gasket with armor all, replaced the o rings, and
now replaced the gasket.  I believe my leak is coming from the 's' gasket
that I need to pick out at the frame joints.  When it rains even slightly,
very much water comes out of the frame.
-Christian

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Elizabeth Schwartz <schwartz781 at optimum.net>
wrote:

> Thanks.....will give it a treatment.....Joe
>

> On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 01:38 PM, John Meyers wrote:
>
> I concur with Scott. I may not put on the implied "generous application"
>> but I soak a cloth with Armour-All and get the gaskets quite moist a
>> couple
>> times a Michigan season and the drips stop from that incursion anyway. And
>> as Scott wrote cleaning the lens is very important too.
>>
>> John Meyers
>> Muskegon, MI
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Scott Thompson wrote:
>>
>> I've found I can stop those leaks by thoroughly cleaning lens and gasket
>>> followed by generous application of Armour-All several times. But perhaps
>>> my gaskets are less worn.

>>> opening portlights in the salon.....leaks between the plastic lens and
>>> the
>>> gasket......would that be just the gasket to replace for