[C320-list] Hurricane Nate and the value of the Association

Dean Agee dagee at iserv.net
Tue Oct 10 17:45:49 PDT 2017

Hurricane Nate landed 30 miles to our east in Biloxi so it wasn't a very
exciting event here in Bay St. Louis.

However, this was our first hurricane and marina evacuation with AhSeaHola.
We followed our written hurricane plan (for the insurance company) unsure if
it would really work.  We took the boat up the Jordan River and then down a
sketchy canal to tie her off to both sides of the canal at friend's house.
We did a 4 point tie and I remembered one of our Florida members saying the
Jib Car saved his boat during Irma.  We tied a line off each car and left a
lot of scope as "oh shit" back ups to the other lines.

Everything worked perfectly.  And AhSeaHola is back home at the BSL Harbor.

Dean

Dean Agee

AhSeaHola, #912