[C320-list] Knot Meter Transducer Cabin Location Question

Bev Wright bev.wright at verizon.net
Tue Oct 10 20:49:40 PDT 2017

I'm amazed at the various locations reported for the knot meter. On Whoosh (#15, 1993) it is in the small port locker under the V-berth, slightly forward and impossible to access without removing the door. Even then, it's extremely difficult to reach it, you need to be a contortionist. Thus, we leave it in all the time and the only time it works is right after a bottom cleaning and then only for a week or two. I can understand why someone would move it entirely because the V-berth doorway is also a tight fit for me. Short of cutting open the deck floor in front of the V-berth, I've been thinking about cutting that door space to be much larger and reversing the door opening for easier access.

Bev Wright