[C320-list] Winterizing the Yanmar 3GM30F

John Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 26 14:31:09 PDT 2017

The 3GM30F has a heat exchanger through which is circulated raw water (from the lake) and the antifreeze which is in the engine block and hot water heater. All that is needed is to circulate antifreeze through the raw water system as the engine already has it's own antifreeze and thermostat does not need to open. The engine antifreeze should B changed every few years. The antifreeze U put into the raw water system should be notox or lowtox type and an automotive antifreeze is not required. This is because it just sits in the heat exchanger over the winter. In the spring U should catch this antifreeze at the exhaust and dispose of it properly.

Sent from my iPhone