[C320-list] LED Nav Light replacement 2004 catalina c320

Ade Bateman ade.bateman at outlook.com
Sat Oct 28 14:59:53 PDT 2017

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 14:34:36, danny jensen wrote:
> My white transom Nav light just burned out. I'm thinking about replacing
> both bow an stern. I have not opened up the stern light yet. How
> difficult is this? Does this appear to be the correct light? Have you
> upgraded to LED on nav lights?

I just recently replaced the lenses and the bulbs on my bow and stern nav
lights. I bought new lights but then just switched the lens pieces and left
the original wiring / mounting unchanged.

Bow light:
https://www.fisheriessupply.com/aqua-signal-series-25-navigation-lights-25100-7

Stern light:
https://www.fisheriessupply.com/aqua-signal-series-25-navigation-lights-25500-7

Bow light LED replacement:
https://www.fisheriessupply.com/dr-led-bi-color-polar-star-25-led-nav-light-bulb-8001122

Stern light LED replacement:
https://www.fisheriessupply.com/dr-led-39-44-mm-festoon-navigation-bulb-9000241

The stern light LED replacement came with the appropriate adapters whether you
need pointed or dimpled caps.

Both the bow and stern lights had crazed lenses that looked like they would
significantly reduce the amount of light emitted so I chose to replace them too.

It was a simple job to remove the stern light (just a couple of screws) but the bow
light screws had corroded, and I did damage the old lens holder while removing it.
I would have had to replace it anyway.

Ade.
Sound Thinking #257