[C320-list] FW: Festoon Lighting

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 09:59:53 PDT 2017

Cabin lighting on the older 320 models use festoon bulbs. These are the tube-like bulbs with contacts on each ends. I did replace the incandescent bulbs with LEDs years ago and this has been very good. At 23 years, the plastic rims of the fixture caps have become brittle and break easily. I've tried replacements with the halogen fixtures Catalina used in later models; but, they never properly fit in the original holes. Perhaps some of you have replaced the fixtures and are happy with the result. If so, what product did you use?

What is Catalina using in new models? LEDs perhaps?

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay