[C320-list] Water in Bilge

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 12:03:37 PDT 2017

When I bought my boat, I repeatedly got substantial water pooling in the aft bedroom large compartment (compartment below the mattress closest to the bedroom entrance), the bilge (all areas with keel bolts) and in the hollow floor grid.  Water that gets into the grid seeps eventually to other bilge areas.
I installed a completely new emergency tiller port (easy) and removed and rebedded the propane tank pan. Watching during/following rain I was able to see significant leaks related to these 2 (prior) culprits.  I've now had a completely dry bilge all summer.
I replaced all 4 stationary salon windows recently due to leaks from both port side windows, and am trying to figure out a leak that periodically results in dripping from a lower corner of my head Bomar hatch.  I think my traveler is the source and needs to be removed and rebedded to fix this.
Dave Hupe
1994 Cat320 (hull #32)
Holland, MI