[C320-list] Water in Bilge

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 15:03:29 PDT 2017

Oh, Myron, I feel for you. I went through a very similar experience for the first few years after we bought our #62 for different reasons. All of the water was fresh so I had a clue of where to look; but, after fixing a couple of faults, I still found more water. At some point, I had reason to have my head under the head sink, and yes, you have to remove the drawer cabinet to do anything in there. I found that the sink hose would leak at a connection, but only when the water was on. I spent hours trying to find a replacement hose and finally did someplace in FL. After buying the hose and installing it, I found myself, one day, in our marina store and there on the wall were 3 units of the hose I spent hours looking for. Too soon oldt, un too late schmart. Once all the faults were corrected, I had a mostly dry bilge. There is more to this story, but we'll leave that for another day.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay