[C320-list] Sealant/caulking

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 08:31:03 PDT 2017

I have used butyl tape to rebed my chaiplates and mast step plate with
great success.  Good info from Chris Burti and Warren Updike in Technical
Articles on website.  They reference this article which is also very good:

http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/rebedding_hardware

I tried at least four different kinds of butyl tape and found the kind
offered in the Compass Marine article above ("Bed It" butyl tape) to be the
best by far as far as stretchiness and tackiness goes.

Finally, rebedding stanchions is my next big project as I continue to chase
fresh water leaks on my 23-year-old boat.  There already are some good
threads regarding this process but please let us know how your project goes.

Regards,

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206
Naples, FL