[C320-list] Sealant/caulking

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 18 14:38:47 PDT 2017

I switched to butyl rubber tape a few years ago after reading advice from Maine Sail blog. Here is the article: https://marinehowto.com/bed-it-tape/ I used these techniques in rebedding chain plates, hatches, and other hardware. The chain plate effort was an experiment and so far it has worked well. There should be a bit on this topic in the Google archives.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay