[C320-list] Close call CHECK THIS!

Bruce Hunter swampcreek42 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 07:46:39 PDT 2017

Hi Everyone,                      I figure I'd should pass this along. Last week when anchoring my wife discovered a screw laying on the anchor bracket/track that leads from the chain locker to the bow. It was one of 4 screws that hold the Schaeffer 2100 roller furling's drum housing to the torque tube, 2 of the screws were loose and one was missing. Looking at the parts diagram these 4 screws are what holds the whole lower assembly together meaning we came VERY CLOSE to a dismasting! I tightened the 2 screws, replaced the 3rd and will be buying the 4th today 1/4-20 x 5/8 according to the parts diagram. Of course they will ALL be getting blue Lock-tight.
Bruce HunterNauti Time #719

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android