[C320-list] Festoon Lighting

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 11:27:06 PDT 2017

>Christian, if you have the same cabin fixtures we do (you probably do,) I
don't think the 9-LED will fit them. The lumens on our bulbs were less than
those from lunasealighting; but, we are satisfied with the amount of light.
I don't think you'll be unhappy with the 107 lumen cool white LEDs.

FYI, my order of LunaSea LED lights arrived from FisheriesSupplies arrived
last week (delayed due to back order and manufacturer located in FL and the
impact of Irma), and the 9-LED festoon DOES easily fit (with room to
spare), in the molded cup cabin lights on early model 320's (sorry, don't
know the year Catalina changed the mold design, mine is a 1994, #138).  I
order red for the center cabin row, warm white for all others.  I am VERY
happy with the brightness and color.  These are the ones I ordered:
http://www.lunasealighting.com/products/detail/pointed-festoon-9-led-light-bulb-42mm/led-replacement-bulbs

Another FYI.  I also order LunaSea's bayonet adapter (G4 to BA15D, non
indexed, dual contact base) so I could put rear pin wafer LED's in my aft
cabin brass lamps.  The bayonet side pin seems to be a lhair lower than my
incandescent bulb model, preventing the base from making contact.  Over the
weekend, I "tinned" the dual contact base on the adapter with some solder
to thicken the contact, and it now makes a solid contact in my brass
lamps.  YMMV though.  This is the adapter I bought (
http://www.lunasealighting.com/products/detail/g4-mr11-mr16-led-light-bulb-adapters/led-replacement-bulbs).
I went with the adapter, because I couldn't find any red LED bayonet bulbs,
but they do have them in wafer versions.  I'm putting a red wafer in the
first lamp, and CatalinaDirect's 3-way warm white in the 2nd one.  Very
happy with this result.

Christian Caperton
1994 C320 "Canuck" #138
Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL