[C320-list] Raw water pump

Ken Geiger kendgb at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 08:51:52 PDT 2018

I should have included Ocean Marines complete caution, as below at

https://bigblueoceanmarine.com/yanmar-replacement-engine-cooling-pump-jpr-ym08ih2-replaces-yanmar-128377-42500-johnson-10-24509-02/

"PLEASE NOTE:
JPR-YM08IH2 is ONLY for 2GM or 3GM as per the cross-reference part numbers in product information below. This should NOT be confused with 2GMF or 3GMF models. If you have the 2GMF or 3GMF please refer to JPR-YM08IH and its cross-reference information. If still unsure please contact us with your question.

You must use JPR-YM08IH2 pump model to replace Yanmar 128377-42500 as there is a difference in revolutions per minute vs the JPR-YM08IH (Flow rate of JPR-YM08IH is greater vs JPR-YM08IH2) which some have thought is good for both this Yanmar number and 128397-42500 . . . this is not true. Use JPR-YM08IH2 to replace Yanmar 128377-42500.
What is the internal difference between JPR-YM08IH2 and model JPR-YM08IH?
The difference is the thickness of the machined "Cam" which is incorporated or part of the Body / Casing itself. The machined cam thickness is less (2mm) for JPR-YM08IH2 vs a larger thickness (4mm) found in the JPR-YM08IH. This is why it is very important to order the correct pump for your model of engine by referring the the cross-reference information provided."

Ken Geiger
Northern Dream #765