[C320-list] New member/fuel tank

John Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 1 16:30:09 PDT 2018

I removed the tank from my 1999boat last winter. I took it to a radiator/fuel tank shop for cleaning and inspection. I did this as a preventative maintenance exercise as I did not want a leak of diesel fuel during the season as others have experienced. It turned out the tank is in good shape so I reinstalled it. I placed 6 sections of stiff hose on the ends and in the middle of the tank to keep it off the hull, between the 3 rubber longitudinal pieces taped in place at manufacture. For me it was worth the effort and the tank should now last indefinitely. Had a neighbour develop a tank leak this season( not a Catalina) not pretty!
JEM
1999#574

Sent from my iPhone