[C320-list] New member/basic question

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 2 11:44:56 PDT 2018

Well, after several hours of crawling around, cleaning everything and
running the diesel, I've come to the conclusion that someone changed the
fuel filter, dumped some diesel in the bilge and never cleaned it up.

The diesel soaked into absorbent pads under the engine and continually
tainted the bilge water from the stuffing box as it passed through on the
way to the bilge pump.

There was no diesel near the water tank or in the little collection pond for
the stuffing box. Fuel filter, fuel pump and all lines are good. I can't see
any other path for diesel from a leaking tank to make it to the bilge pump.
Am I missing something?

Also, anyone know what kind of fuel filter that is?

Thanks again for all of the help.

Jack Brennan
1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.