[C320-list] New member/basic question

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 3 03:17:38 PDT 2018

While talking about fuel priming.....I wanted to ask what this group thinks about this "enhancement" I heard about.
If you insert one of those squeeze bulbs (Priming bulbs) into the Diesel fuel line you can use that to get 95% (if not all) of the air out of the line.
We have a 90 year old sailor in our club that swears by it. (Still single hands his Siedleman 30) Instead of loosening injectors or using the little bitty lever pump, he inserted a squeeze priming bulb in the fuel line and he claims it speeds up his filter changes significantly.
I know it inserts another place for leaks but any experience with this out there?  Sounds too simple to not be done by everybody.
Thanks,
Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538    C (919)-618-7185