[C320-list] Forward part of the foot of the genoa rubbing on lifeline and rail

kendgb kendgb at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 05:39:42 PDT 2018

Hi.  I have had to our sail repaired in that location.
Ken GeigerNorthern Dream2000 #765

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Kevin Rooney <krooney at gmail.com> Date: 2018-08-03  12:26 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at catalina320.com Subject: [C320-list] Forward part of the foot of the genoa rubbing on lifeline and rail
I've been wondering this for years about the 320s (and other boats set up
the same way). My genoa is in for cleaning and repair right so it's front
of mind:

Does the forward part of the foot of the genoa get torn up over time for
all of you from rubbing on the lifeline and rail? I don't under stand how
it wouldn't. Or is there something different about my rig? I suppose if the
foot of the sail were higher it wouldn't happen, but you'd lose sail area.

See the circled part of this photo (not my c320): http://kevjot.com/c320.jpg

The sacrificial canvas in that spot on my genoa is shredded, but damage has
also been done to the sail itself.

Just wondering if it just goes with the territory with these boats.

Kevin
S/V Cecilia Ann, #211
Deale, MD
http://kevjot.com/boat/