[C320-list] Status of the Chesapeake Bay

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Fri Aug 3 09:18:38 PDT 2018

Hi Bruce -

Our fishing brethren have been posting recent reports...

You might search some of the fishing forums.

Here's a report from Thursday:
https://www.fishtalkmag.com/fishing-reports/middle-bay

I would think that as you head up the Chester, the debris should be less since most of it is probably headed down the bay towards the ocean.

We (Rock Creek Racing Assoc) canceled our Wednesday night races because of the danger. Be sure your raw water strainer is clear before you depart and if you spend a lot of time motoring, monitor your engine temp closely. There is a lot of fine particulate matter out there that could clog your strainer. Also, as the wind increases, the chop makes it harder to see the debris. Suggest you also avoid being out after sunset for now.

I am tentatively planning a day sail for Saturday as long as things look OK.

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us