[C320-list] Dripless shaft???

Joe Luciano jnluciano at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 11:43:44 PDT 2018

Changing the bellows at 6 years is a pretty conservative recommendation from the manufacturer, which is likely consistent with their business model.  I clean mine annually and inspect it thoroughly at each haul out, prepared to change it if I see any signs of deterioration.  Mine is 13 years old now and still looks like it did when it was installed.  I will likely change it at the next haul out being rather conservative myself.  I have the vented model which only requires burping after a haul out.  I also have used the Association’s cutlass bearing tool to replace my cutlass bearing a few years ago.  It works great and makes the job pretty easy.  Best of luck and fair winds!

Joe Luciano

Second Wind
2005 Catalina 320