[C320-list] Extra USB charger

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 07:17:58 PDT 2018

Last winter, I installed a Blue Sea Below Deck panel.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/4355/BelowDeck_Panel_-_15A_Circuit_Breaker_12V_Socket_2x_2.1A_Dual_USB_Chargers

I went with their empty panel, and chose my own outlets, 2 4.8 amp USB, 1
12V.  I mainly upgraded to the 4.8 USB has I'd read reviews that  the 2.4
model could cause radio interference, but reports that the 4.8 model
didn't.  So far I've been happy with it.

If you'd like to see pics of my install:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg6P4H1DqSK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

One thing to note about many (if not most) of the USB chargers (including
the Blue Sea one I bought).  Due to cell phone manufacturers not following
the USB standard, most of the chargers are set up to charge both Android
and iPhones.  What does mean?  For android phones (and some samsung
tablets), if you don't short out the data pins on the cable, you won't get
full charge.  Easiest solution is to buy charge only cables that have the
data pins shorted.  I bought these on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RQ5AZL6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Christian Caperton
1994 C320 "Canuck" #138
Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL