[C320-list] Air Conditioner Install

Mark Seyler mseyler at cox.net
Mon Aug 13 15:47:20 PDT 2018

My #232 has two air handlers for the A/C unit.  One is in the starbord lazarette, along with the compressor, and the other is located between the Saloon and the forward cabin on the port side.  Does anyone else have a similar installation, and if so, how do you deal with condensation?

Even if I used a mermaid condensator to drain condensate from the aft air handler into the cooling water, I'd still get condensation from the forward air handler, which eventually pools up on top of the speed and depth transducers in the bilge just forward of the mast.  I'm thinking about installing a "gray water" box with a built-in pump under the forward air handler, but I'd have make a thru-hull somewhere for that water to drain (with a loop and anti-siphon above the water line).

Has anyone had a similar issue, and if so, how did you solve it?

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality, #232