[C320-list] Anchor light problem

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Sat Dec 15 10:04:31 PST 2018

One other reminder.
Remember that LEDs are just a form of Diode. Basic diodes only pass cyrrunt in one direction. Many have circuitry that allows them to be fed in "reverse". Some do not.
I sent a technician up my mast to put a Festoon base  LED in my anchor light. It didn't come on so I, having been an EE graduate 46 years ago, started checking switches, fuses ets.
The technician, having more recent experience with solid state electronics, merely turned the bulb around and it worked perfectly.

                                         +
Happy Sailing!          /||\
John                           / ||  \
                                  /    ||    \
                                /      ||      \
                              /        ||        \
                            /          ||          \
                          /            ||            \
                        /              ||              \
                      /                ||                \
                    /                  ||                  \
                  /                    || Hull 1118 \
                /                      ||                      \
              /                        ||                         \
            /     Catalina     ||                           \
          /     C320MKII    ||                             \
        /            2007         ||                                \
     \              Lake Guntersville, AL                    l_