[C320-list] Modifying The Sail Cover to Accommodate Dutchman System

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 12:48:13 PST 2018

To compliment Jeff's remarks, not debate them, we are in the mildew capital
of the world and it hasn't been an issue for us. We have the double line
system and before we had the slots put in, I marked the topping lift on
either side of the cam cleat with a Sharpie because I learned that when the
guide lines are perpendicular and taut, the Dutchman system works really
well as designed and when it is off a bit, much less so.

It is really a matter of choice and I'm  happy with the zippers and I also
i feel that they actually assist me in putting on the cover when the wind
is blowing because the guide lines help hold it on the boom. The first set
of slits were just Velcro and much less satisfactory.. Second set are much
as Jeff describes.

Fair winds,
Chris Burti
Commitment #867