[C320-list] Fuel tank replacement

Marek Fluder marekf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 09:54:51 PST 2018

Hi Graeme,
After having my tank repaired previous winter I just replaced it the same
way it was.
(Although it probably might be improved)
The contributing factor in developing diesel seepage from port side,
forward corner of my tank was the lack of drainage in the framing that the
tank sits in.
Sheer weight of the full tank putting pressure on that spot when the boat
gets tossed around have most likely contributed as well.
I've had aluminum weld shop reinforced the leaky corner and that area is
dry as a bone for almost a year now.
I would try positioning the tank so that particular corner does not bear
much weight.
You can see the pictures of my tank in "Lake Effect" album on C320 website.
Hope this helps.
Marek
Hamilton, ON

--